About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Why am I running? (My 100th post!)

As I sit here writing this, my mom is in the middle of her 7th cancer removal surgery in as many years. It sucks. It really does. So I figured I'd do something about it this year.

Last year, some of you may remember, I "became" a runner. I decided to turn my half marathon into a fundraiser for our local environmental centre. This year, I have decided to challenge myself even further and run a full marathon! A whole 42 kilometres. And I'll be doing it as a fundraiser for the Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada.

My goal will be to raise 1000$ in honour of my mom. Details are still being finalized between the association and the Bluenose Marathon but I will have those links for you as soon as I can! Marathon training officially starts this weekend so there will be weekly updates!

Thanks again for taking the time to read!
-20*C with the wind doesn't stop me!


No comments:

Post a Comment