About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Friday, December 6, 2013

Mini homecoming

My husband's job is great. It allows us to live comfortably on one income while I stay home with both kids. But his job comes with a major downfall. Deployments. Although he has never been away as long as some, the weeks and months he is gone still seem like the take forever to end.

Here we are at the very end of a 2 week trip. He went away on course so we have been very fortunate to talk, text, and video chat several times a day. He flies home tomorrow morning (fingers crossed our temperamental Maritime weather cooperates) so today is spent preparing for his return. In no way does he expect the house to be spotless when he returns but I still at least try to not have the place look like a hurricane just went through it. 

So here is my to do list for today.
  • Clean kitchen
  • Tidy living room toys
  • Fold and put away laundry
  • Meal plan
Nothing incredibly difficult but it all has baring on whether the kids cooperate!

What do you try to do before a loved one comes home?

No comments:

Post a Comment