About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Monday, April 22, 2013

End of the "4th trimester" and the beginning of a whole new chapter

You hear lots about this 4th trimester. It makes complete sense though. He was in my belly for 9 months. Always nice and warm. The sound of my voice and heart beat kept him calm. And then he comes out into this big, loud, cold world. It's no wonder all he wants to do is be held and loved. And I have no problem doing that! I wouldn't change a single thing about how things have progressed lately. He is growing like mad (6/14 at birth and 14lbs at 10.5 weeks) and he is developing beautifully. We are now entering the "he can slightly control his hands" phase. Once he grabs ahold of something (toys, socks, or hair!) he has quite the good grip on it.




We are now entering a whole new chapter in my life. I am now staying home with both kids full time. Abigail is no longer in daycare. As much as she loved it there, it just didn't make sense to keep paying for it when I could easily keep her at home. I remember when I was a child myself, saying that I wanted to stay home with kids instead of working. So here I am. Today was our first "real" day and it was great. We celebrated Earth Day by putting laundry out on the line, transplanting a rhubarb plant, kicking around a soccer ball, and going for a walk in the evening as a family. I'm really trying to establish a daily routine similar to the one she followed at daycare. It will allow us to plan activities and help keep us organize when Keegan goes back out to sea with the military for 10 weeks this summer. I am actually more excited to see how Abigail and Zachary will get along now that they will be ending all day together.



I think they will be ok. :)

Do you follow a daily/weekly routine with your kids to help things run smoothly?



No comments:

Post a Comment