About Me

My photo
I am a cloth diapering, breastfeeding, cosleeping, baby led weaning, extended rear facing, eco conscious, married mommy to two beautiful children. They have changed my view on the world we live in. It is now my number 1 goal to make it the best I can for them to grow up in. I find myself always rethinking how I want to live my life and often feel like sharing my findings and thoughts with others. So I guess here's my chance :o) I will talk about topics that interest me. If you dont like them or dont agree, well... there's nothing much I can do!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

25 weeks pregnancy update

I can't believe it has gone so fast! I started peeing on 30 something pregnancy tests this time last year. So much has "happened" in the last several weeks. We met with a very natural minded OB, had a not so great appointment with my regular doctor, and nesting has started for real.

I am officially fully into my maternity wardrobe. I have put on about 10lbs over the past month or so. My pants are starting to fit a bit better but the jeans are still a little too "MCHammer"ish for my liking. I guess that's what happens with second had clothing. Certain sections are already stretched out a bit. I did however actually spend some $$ on myself and got 2 new pairs of pants and 2 new comfy tops (all 4 pieces were on clearance racks though). I still have 2 pair of skinny jeans that are nice and stretchy so I still wear those with elastics in the bottom holes to keep them closed. I do have a couple pair of yoga pants that I can dress up with a nice top. Certain days, I just want to wear comfy clothes.

We saw an OB a couple weeks ago. I'm sure my doctor was hoping that he would tell me all the risks of a Vbac and reasons why I would need all sorts of medical interventions while in labour. We didn't discuss interventions but he was the first to discuss not only Vbac risks but also the risks of a repeat Cesarean section. You can only make an informed decision when you know all your options. I am still completely on board for a Vbac. We finished that meeting with him saying that hopefully he would never really need to see me. He hopes that everything goes well a and that we would not need any extra help. I need to make another appointment to see him though because I completely forgot to ask him about all his specifics (how far past due he goes, breech, what interventions would he refer using, what were his thoughts on my wishes of dealing with pain naturally...).

I then had an appointment with my regular doctor. She was very disappointed that we didn't talk about specific interventions. She really really wants me to have an epidural. Something about it allowing my uterus to relax between contractions. I explained to her my reasons for not wanting one. I want to be able to walk around, labour in different positions as well as in the shower if needed. I can kiss those coping techniques goodbye if I were to get an epidural. Then she talked about me getting a flu shot next time I see her. I told her I didn't want one and she jokingly asked me if I was going to fight her on everything for the the rest of this pregnancy. Well maybe. A friend suggested I ask her "At what point will us not agreeing on something become a real issue?" If more problems arise, I can simply transfer care to the Ob. Actually, I'm hoping to make the cut for the Midwifery program at the hospital. They have recently hired 2 new ladies so maybe that will help my chances.

Nesting has really begun. We have started looking at new flooring for our basement and our upstairs. I am also taking part in a Give 500 challenge we have so much that we no longer use in our home. There are so many people out there who can put it to great use. I am organising charity/shelter pick ups for a couple weeks from now so whenever I have some free time, I will go through a section of our home and purge. Nothing is safe!!

So no more than another 17 weeks left of this bun baking in the oven. Still lots to do.
Refloor/paint basement
Refloor/paint bedrooms
Prepare the baby's room Montessori style
Finish baby blanket
Start Christmas gifts
Finish Give500 challenge
Meet with doula and doctor about birth plan/labour preparation.
Turn 30


I better get started soon to be sure to have enough time to complete everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment